Jewel Box Bed & Breakfast
.4630 Capitola Road
.Capitola, California 95010 United States
Received from a
44 year old
from San Diego / El Cajon, CA
Wednesday, April 15, 2009:
"The Jewel Box - Capitola, CA - The owner has done a fantastic job with decorating, comfort and design of this little bungalow. The B&B is located in the a nice neighborhood with shopping & gas just down the road.
My daughter, a friend and I were in the area for a campus tour at UC Santa Cruz. We stayed at the Jewel Box for two nights and were fortunate enough to have the house to ourselves.
The three of us stayed in the Jade Suite:
- (1) queen bed (very comfortable) and a fold-out twin bed
- TV, refer, microwave, hot water heating pot, coffee, tea
- beautifully decorated (Swedish influence?)
- private bathroom, large shower with beautiful rock floor
- books, magazines, etc.
- common area has books, games, dvds, computer with internet access, wireless as well
- food: strawberries, blackberries, pears, apples, bananas, fresh bread (crescents, scones and loaf of french and artisan), granola, organic milk and cream, orange juice, almond butter, lemon curd, jam, boiled eggs, coffee, tea
- kitchen: seating for four, neat little alcove for two or a bigger table for all to sit together
- patio deck: wonderfully decorated with plants, furnishings and a feeder for squirrels and scrub jays
- driveway/entry: very inviting with beautiful plants, a babbling fountain
The owner really accommodated privacy. She was in and out in the morning before we woke up. Everything was prepared and in place when we finally were up and dressed. My daughter said it was like Santa Claus came and left. Wonderful!
After a full day of touring the UC campus, we decided to hang out at the house, skip going out to dinner and ordered a pizza. So relaxing, home away from home....without having to do the work. Hah!
I highly recommend The Jewel Box. Great location, excellent food, warm deco, a reasonable price."